Selling Your Home?
Step outside and Take a Look!
Home sellers spend so much time preparing their interior for the sale that they can easily overlook the exterior. Yet great curb appeal can increase the value of a property by as much as 15–20%.
Buyers associate the condition of your home’s exterior and landscape with the condition of the interior. Ideally, your home’s appearance invites potential buyers to ‘cross the threshold’ and take a closer look.
Best of all, you needn’t spend a ton of money to make a big difference. Ask your Prudential Seaboard Properties Real Estate Agents for ways to boost your home’s curb appeal.
Basic steps to increase your home’s appeal …
Does your home stand out from the rest?
- Apply fresh paint
- Ensure the street in front is clean
- Wash all windows and coverings
- Replace damaged screens
- Inspect roof and gutters – remove debris
- Keep garbage bins out of sight; odor free
- Add a new ‘Welcome’ mat and light fixture to the porch
Are your yards clean and neat?
- Trim shrubs and trees
- Sweep the front walkways
- Mow the lawn more frequently
- Plant flowers that are in season
- Rake and remove leaves and debris
- Keep pet areas spotless; odor free
- Remove newspapers, bikes, and toys
- Keep extra vehicles out of sight
- Park vehicles away from the property
- Arrange to be away when home viewings are scheduled to make buyers comfortable when touring your home.
- If buyers want to view your property unaccompanied, refer them to your agent for an appointment.
- Leave your Prudential Seaboard Prudential Real Estate Agents a contact number if you are leaving town — even for a weekend.